Gold Coast ($8) continue to be the best backed team this week to win the NRL Auckland Nines starting tomorrow at Eden Park.
The Titans have been backed in from $13 this week and sit on the third line of betting to win the tournament.
“There is no question they are in the toughest group, which means their opening game against the Wests Tigers is crucial,” said TAB’s Matt Jenkins.
“Punters think they will open with a win and have been backed from $1.70 to $1.55 to win their opening game.”
They are in the same pool as: Newcastle ($7.50), Cronulla ($9) and Wests Tigers ($15).
TAB has just opened betting on the winner of each pool; markets below.
Head to head and winner markets attached.
In other betting news:
- Brad Fittler is $2.50 to score a try against Parramatta, while Steve Menzies is $2.25 to score a try against North Queensland
- Sydney Roosters ($2.05) look set to start outsiders against Parramatta ($1.75) in their opening game
- Manly ($2.05) has been supported to cause an upset against North Queensland ($1.75)
- St George Illawarra, who was $21 before announcing their squad, has continued to firm and are now $9
- Josh Dugan, Ben Barba and Konrad Hurrell are all $11 equal favourites to be leading tournament try scorer
- Players wearing number nine will receive a 25% bonus to score the first try in all matches
- Margin betting is open with options of 9+ and 1-8 for each team; plus the draw (regular time).
$3.25 Gold Coast
$7.50 Wests Tigers
$6.00 Sydney Roosters
$2.60 St George Illawarra
$5.00 North Qld